Our aim is to develop pupils who love learning and provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the next stage of their education and beyond.
- Prioritises language skills, oracy and reading in the early years so they are ready to access the national curriculum in year 1
- Prioritises the development of English and numeracy across school so pupils can access all areas of the curriculum
- Ensures pupils receive a broad and balanced curriculum that fulfils the requirements of the national curriculum and the locally agreed syllabus for RE
- Treats all children equally in accordance with the equality Act 2010
- Prepares pupils for life in modern Britain, developing their understanding of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Enhances pupils’ personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
- Ensures that all pupils with special educational needs are well supported to access the curriculum
- Is carefully planned and sequenced
- Provides a range of trips, visitors and extra-curricular opportunities to broaden pupils’ life experiences
- Encourages children to master skills and deepen knowledge so they can think critically
- Enables pupils to be creative through art, dance, music, drama and design technology
- Facilitates the use of feedback in a way that is manageable, meaningful and motivating
- Uses assessment efficiently and with purpose
If you have any questions regarding the curriculum we teach, please contact the school directly.